Family Tree Gal

Family Tree Gal
Carolyn Calton welcomes YOU!

Motto

In every home, frame a family tree to help strengthen your posterity.

Welcome !

I am committed to acknowledging connections throughout the generations--past, present, and future--and igniting a sense of extraordinary family purpose in individuals in THIS generation. Let me help you discover your "roots" as well as strengthen the "branches" of your family tree. If you have had painful experiences in your family line, then this is the blog for you! In fact, all of us will see that as we strengthen ourselves, we strenthen our entire FAMILY TREE through the power of our positive influence.

Monday, January 31, 2011

Talk About It Tuesday-- Friends

I learn a lot about the past in my present moments.  This last week, my dear friend's husband had a heart attack.  It was extremely serious--to the extent that it looks like a true miracle that he's doing well now.

My friend (from Jr. High and High School) gave me a call.  Another friend who lived nearby had been notified.  Each one of us wanted to "run to" my friend to help her. I've noticed that loving friendships can endure the separation of time and space and return as if no separation had ever occurred.  Love is an amazing thing.  I'm so grateful for my friends.

* * * * * *
I intended to do a Memory Lane Monday post using Amy Coffin's challenges, but it's now past midnight.  My favorite food was homemade hamburgers, with chips or fries which we would dip in Thousand Island or Blue Cheese dressing, and green beans.  I liked the familiarity of this Friday night meal more than the food itself, I think.
To see a more interesting post about food, Click here to see my Examiner article and Betty Harrell's comments.