Family Tree Gal

Family Tree Gal
Carolyn Calton welcomes YOU!

Motto

In every home, frame a family tree to help strengthen your posterity.

Welcome !

I am committed to acknowledging connections throughout the generations--past, present, and future--and igniting a sense of extraordinary family purpose in individuals in THIS generation. Let me help you discover your "roots" as well as strengthen the "branches" of your family tree. If you have had painful experiences in your family line, then this is the blog for you! In fact, all of us will see that as we strengthen ourselves, we strenthen our entire FAMILY TREE through the power of our positive influence.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Sanity Saver: Christmas in July

RESOURCE WEDNESDAY

Providing Happy Traditions Strengthens Family Trees

I have had a wonderful summer and hope you have, too. We went to Utah for three weeks visiting family and then home for a week (to pay bills) then to California for more family time and then to my High School reunion, HOWEVER . . .

July is almost over, and I have almost missed one of my favorite things to do in July. I call it “Christmas in July”. (This can be applied to other holidays, as well.)

I have been surprised to see there are lots of other people who have a “Christmas in July” also. It’s meaning, to me, is that I simply get out my Christmas master planning paper, upon which I plan and list specific gifts that I will give to each family member, friend, neighbor, teachers or anyone else to whom I give a gift at Christmas. Then I begin my purchases (without using credit cards). I wrap the gifts and hide them away.

Each step has some handy tips I use to be able to remember where the gifts are and what’s inside. If you’d like to see more details about the process I use, click here. It’s found on my website, if you’re interested. While you’re there, you may want to scout around the navigation bar to explore the many family-oriented gifts that are available to be ordered online. I've put some links at the bottom of this post, as well.

I love Christmas in July. I plan early July, so that I will not be so pressured, rushed and hurried when the holidays begin. (I consider that to be in October, with Halloween.)

I’ve spent one too many holiday seasons feeling that I was missing lots of the fun, joy and peace because I had too much on my mind with planning, purchasing, wrapping, etc., etc., etc. I have a fairly large family and spinal issues that make shopping, standing and wrapping very difficult. This plan makes it easier for me in every way. I’d like to hear some great ideas you have as well. Please feel free to comment and share with other readers some holiday sanity saver ideas you use to avoid the pressures that traditional events can bring or let me know if my plan helps you, too.


As promised, here’s some links to get you started:
The Family History Store

The Family Tree Quest Bookstore (also search journals and self-improvement as well)

Photo Projects